Learn to create an edgy watercolour portrait $150
Sat 25 Jul 10am – 1pm
Approx 3 hours
Have you ever struggled with drawing and rendering portraits in watercolour? Its not as easy as it looks is it?
I hear so often from my students, art friends and creatives That the #1 challenge they face with watercolour is firstly the drawing aspect and stress of actually getting an outline done before they even start
Don’t worry, you are not alone! Every artist has a little voice inside their head telling them I can’t draw, or, “I am not Good enough, or Is my work good enough? Sound familiar?
This is normal – but with a little practice and a few tricks and tips, we will get you drawing and painting watercolour portraits in no time
“Every Creative Move you make in your art is a step closer to the artist you were born to be”
Students BYO materials
- A3 watercolour paper 300gsm
- waterproof fineliner pens – black sizes .05, .03, .02
- watercolour brushes – rounds sizes 10, and smaller brushers for detail work
- Watercolour paints
In this full day workshop we will look at:
- Discussion on what to look for in a portrait topic and process
- Introduction to tools to assist you with an outline drawing without the fear of failure
- Selecting an outline drawing of a Head and rendering this onto watercolour paper (A3) cold pressed 300 gsm, round brushes selection
- Demo of how to render a outline drawing with pencil and also Waterproof fineline pens (black) sizes .05, .03, .02
Short Break – BYO Lunch
- Discussion on portrait colour palettes and colour selection
- Working from light to dark
- Demo on watercolour paint application
Reserve your Place on this workshop by clicking the ticket link below and choosing your preferred payment option.
Tea, coffee provided 0 BYO Cup Keep due to Covid-19 guidelines
We hope to see you soon and help you o your Artistic Quest…..